Now spring is almost here, we’re ready to put away our jumpers (or at least try to wear them slightly less often) and take a clear-eyed look at our wardrobe. We don’t have the time, money or desire to overhaul our look, but we’d like to find a few key pieces that will work well with what’s already hanging there. So, what to look for? Here, our favourite stylists share their spring secrets.
Jess Pecoraro, fashion stylist – follow her @jess_pecoraro
“My personal style is quite simple, so I tend to go for items that can go back with jeans or simple dresses, as well as pieces that have a classic element to them, so they last for more than one season.
- The Bottega Veneta belt is an easy update – I can’t wait to wear it over a simple black dress or over-sized blazer
- I’ve just bought these Amina Muaddi heels – they’re the perfect party shoe, and great for the races
- I love anything with simple detailing, so the Cecilie Bahnsen top will be my go-to for summer with jeans or leather shorts
- This new style of Loewe bag is great for any evening out.”
Tara Morris, PRIMER’s shopping editor – follow her @tarabmorris
“Jeans are still ragingly huge right now, so I’m keen to invest in (another) pair that I can wear with cute puff-sleeved tops and a kitten-heeled sandal. I feel like Roman sandals are having a moment, too, particularly if they have lovely wraparound straps. What else?
- This Manu Atelier sandal is perfect for now, if your toes can brave the weather, but it’ll see you right through to summer.
- Everyone needs a good jersey sweater for cool Spring days, and this is Uniqlo piece is a lovely colour
- These white jade earrings by Alix Yang are a great take on traditional Chinese jewellery. Jade is definitely on trend right now
- These Toteme jeans are straight leg and a perfect wash – pretty much a forever piece.”
Lill Jenner, stylist – follow her @lill_jenner
“I’m officially ready to bust out the sandals and put away the coats! So, here are the pieces I’ve got my eye on…
- This Matteau skirt will be my staple spring/summer piece. It can be dressed up and down; worn to work (my work at least!); and easily worn to the beach. And it has an elasticated waist. Winning!
- The barely-there heel trend is still going strong and I love this merlot colour for spring
- A translucent pair of sunnies for Spring! I love the tonal lens in these Lee Mathews shades. Life in sepia…
- I’m coveting this Loewe for spring – I just love the twist on a classic tan bag. The stripe makes it so fresh.”
Dee Jenner, stylist – follow her @deejenner
“I’ve recently moved to a cute little farmhouse in the Noosa Hinterland and so will be spending spring in the garden, at the beach or entertaining with friends who have come up to visit. I love simple, relaxed pieces in natural fibres and a practical swimsuit for dips in the ocean is a must.
- This Lee Mathews tunic is effortless and easy – like wearing a white cloud!
- The one-shoulder one-piece from Albus Lumen is an interesting take on the classic that’s both practical and chic
- I will be wearing this Wellington Factory hat to the markets, at the beach and in the garden (basically, everywhere!).
- I already have a pinstriped pair of this Deiji Studios set but am craving another set in clean white linen for spring.